I volunteered to work on a secret project, a commission for a knitting sample and I am excited about how it is coming out.
I am not excited, however, about the feeling of knitting on a deadline. Time is running out! I am making good progress but I feel the pressure and the strain of it all. This is not what knitting should be, for me, nerve-making.
I realized that I have quite a few unfinished objects that I would like to work on, but lack the time/focus/energy. To keep myself honest and to out myself for my Unfinished Objects (UFO’s), here is my list:
- Weaving in the ends of the Craftsman Afghan, a very late Christmas present. This has been gathering dust on the back of my settee, so I will probably have to wash and reblock it.
- Finishing the final 1/4 of the back of the Sea Tangles sweater, a gift that is a surprise.
- Seaming the Sublime Sweetheart sweater
- Blocking the Sublime Ruffled Edge sweater (I would really like to be wearing this now, it’s cold out!)
- Knitting the collar for the Fog Chaser jacket, another late Christmas gift
- Another commissioned project, the Brain Hat. I bet my friend thinks I totally failed on this request.
- I should start up the Foggy SF Sky Scarf too, since I bungled it last year.
- Then there is my albatross, the sleeves for the Kauni Rainbow Cardigan by Ruth Sorensen, from 2007!
- I would also really like to knit socks with my new bacon sock yarn, I think the Skew pattern will be perfect for this yarn.
- Socks needing darning. Would you believe I have six pairs of socks that need darning, and one that needs a moccasin sole created? I only have 3 pairs of socks to wear and we are in the thick of winter.
I am ashamed these projects have lingered so long, but this year has been an unusual year for me with the ankle surgery and the accompanying brain fog and lack of interest in doing anything. Last year’s shoulder repair also hampered me greatly, I am so glad it is better now.
Struggling with fatigue and burnout from the persistent SSS (stiffness, soreness and stabby pain) of my healing ankle is not helping my knitting time.
Meanwhile I look at the clock and watch it tick, tick, tick, and worry that I won’t make my upcoming deadline.
Worrying about knitting, no bueno. Sigh.